And the current state is one that is focused on what the future state of the secondary market will be.
Never before has there been more uncertainty around what the future state of the secondary market will look like, evidenced by the fact that MBA recently created a task force to help craft a proposal on the future of the secondary market system.
Here’s just some of the questions we’re hearing from our members on the state of the secondary market.
- When will the common securitization platform be announced, and how long will it take to implement it?
- Do you realistically see any major changes coming with Fannie/Freddie in the next couple of years?
- What’s going to happen with the PHH and Quicken lawsuits, and how will it impact the industry?
- How will secondary market investors view loans where income, asset, employment data is imported in as opposed to being on scanned docs?
- When will we see a more robust non QM secondary market emerge?
Our team will maintain a sharp focus on working with MBA and other industry leaders to help get our lenders clarity on these vital issues.